We are honored yet again to feature a guest post from a Junior Chef, Caroline from Rhode Island. Read Caroline’s story below!
3 large egg whites, separated (You can save your yolks for use in a future recipe but you will not need them for this one.)
1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
3/4 cup broccoli, cooked and chopped (You may use either fresh steamed or frozen broccoli florets.)
Salsa to top your omelet
1) Separate eggs, place your whites into a small bowl.
2) Preheat non-stick frying pan, lightly coated with cooking spray, over medium heat.
3) Pour egg whites into frying pan.
4) When whites are semi-solid, place cooked, chopped broccoli onto one half of the pan of whites, leaving the other side of the omelet empty.
5) Sprinkle shredded Mozzarella Cheese over broccoli.
6) Place entire frying pan under the broiler for about five minutes or until cheese is melted and egg whites are solid. Edges of the omelet will be lightly browned.
7) Remove pan from broiler and place the omelet on a serving plate, folding the omelet in half so that the empty side now covers the side with broccoli and cheese.
8) Serve with a fresh salsa, a side of wheat toast, mixed fruit and orange juice.
This is a great breakfast or lunch recipe, or even dinner if you like eggs for dinner! Caroline Coward from Rhode Island is the winning Junior Chef, and she is joined in her adventures in healthy cooking by her mom Jen (Jen has a fun food blog called www.thewholebagofchips.com if you’d like to check it out). Caroline was inspired to create this dish given that she prefers egg whites instead of regular eggs, and she likes broccoli quite a bit. This meal is healthy as well as tasty.
Interested in how YOU can Make Nutrition Fun? Start our Make Nutrition Fun online course for FREE here.
This course includes simple yet actionable advice about how you can make healthier living fun AND within your reach (for the entire family).
You’ll receive helpful tools including the Meal Matrix, SEE food plan, and pantry setup guide.
And as another special gift for you, receive the #1 bestselling book, Make Nutrition Fun: End Food Fights and Find Family Peace in Just 30 Days for Free!
Here’s what Marci Shimoff, #1 New York Times Bestselling Author and Transformational Leader had to say about the book:
“Who knew nutrition could be so fun? Kathryn Kemp Guylay marries the practical with the hilarious. The result: A healthier and happier you. I loved this book!”